Want to change the background content in your Formli block?
How it works
You can customize the background of any block by uploading a png, svg, jpg, gif, or video file.
The Background Content section you can upload, remove or change the opacity of the chosen image. Background Content can be found in the the Settings tab in the Formli Details page between the Background Style and Media Settings sections.
Similarities of Media and Background
- Supports the same file types (images, gifs, videos)
- Has the same upload limits (10mb for images, 100mb for videos)
- You may apply a color-tint with opacity on top of both
- By default, they both are full page
Difference between Media and Background:
- Select Media on the "Media Tab"
- Media has a video size limit of equal or less than 100MB
- Media has a image size limit of equal or less than
- Choose media style and opacity on the "Settings Tab"
- You may record a live video for media
- When viewed on mobile, Media will be placed on top of the background, but underneath text and CTA's
- When viewed on desktop, media will appear on the left side when viewed on desktop.
- When sharing an Formli, the media will appear as the preview image in link previews (ie: iMessage or Facebook share)
- You can merge in media from other responses
- If texted, media will be sent as an MMS
- Select Background and opacity on the "Settings Tab"
- Background has a file size limit of less than of equal to 10MB
- Cannot record a live video for Background
- When viewed anywhere, background will appear behind everything.
- Is not relevant for:
- shared preview links
- merged media
- texts and MMS
Here is a Media image Fit-To-Size: Here is an Media image Full Screen:
What about the same image for both Background and Media?
Step 1 - Go to Background Content
- Go to the Settings tab in the Formli details panel
- Scroll down t the Background Content section (found between Background Style and Media Settings)
Step 2 - Upload your background image
- Click on
Uploadto upload a png, svg, jpg, gif, or video
Step 3 - Change image or edit opacity
- If for whatever reason you are not happy with the background image that appears, you can always remove the image by clicking the
- You can change the opacity on the image by selecting an opacity percentage on the Media Opacity scroll bar. (Example 20%, 50%, and 80%)
Now you can customize your Background Content !