Create the forms
Go to your Formli account, click on “New form” and select “Use a template”. Select the “Invoicing” option in the list.
A new folder named “Invoicing” will be added to your account with all the forms you need to manage payments, payment plans and invoices.
Customize the forms
To customize fonts, colors and images, simply click on the form you want to customize. You’ll be able to add medias and change the text content.
Don’t forget to add your brand colors and fonts to your workspace settings to make customization even easier!
Customize automatic emails
Invoicing forms come with built-in email automations. You can customize these email by opening your form, clicking on “automations” and selecting the automation you want to customize.
To make this flow even easier, you can create email templates from your workspace settings to reuse them wherever and whenever you need!
How it works
Invoicing forms are all linked together thanks to block transition and conditional logic. Be careful when you edit your forms to keep this logic in place, else your forms might stop working!
Here’s how the flow works:
- “Choose payment type”: This form will let your responders choose between paying their invoice all at once and creating a custom payment plan. It redirects either to the “Payments” form or to the “Create Payment Plan” form.
- “Payments”: In this form, responders will enter their invoice number as well as the amount of their invoice. They’ll then be able to pay their invoice via credit card, bank transfer or PayPal. You can edit the payment fees you’d like to charge (or not) as well as the payment methods. All of the data collected in this form will be stored in the “Invoice Payments” response view, in your workspace response tab.
- “Create Payment Plan”: This is the form your responder will be using to set up their payment plan. They’ll have to provide an invoice number as well as the name on their invoice. They’ll then be asked to provide their total invoice amount as well as the number of wished instalments and the amount paid per instalments. Once this is done, they’ll be redirected to the “Set up Payment Plan” form. The number of instalments and instalment amounts are the two main metrics of this form, for they’ll be used as references in the “Set up Payment Plan” form. The number of instalments will also be used to automatically cancelled your client’s plan once they’ve fully paid out their instalments. NB: If you don’t want your clients to be able to create their own payment plans, you can keep this form private and use conditional logic and automations to send your clients a pre-filled version of the “Set up Payment Plan” form when it’s ready.
- “Set up Payment Plan”: This form will be automatically populated with the information collected via the “Create Payment Plan” form. Your responders will add their payment info here. Once completed, this form will trigger monthly recurring payments. Payments will automatically be cancelled once the chosen number of instalments is reached thanks to the “Cancel subscription” automation.
- Once a payment is made, your responders will automatically be sent a receipt to their email address. If responders have used the “Payments” form, they’ll be redirected to an informative content form (”Payment Pending Thank You” or “Payment Thank You” depending on the payment method they’ll have used)