limit 500 sends a day, not a CRM
free, easy to maintain
When to use
relatively low volume receipt emails
Step 1: Create a Template using Mailchimp
- Go to Campaigns → Email Templates → Create Template and design the email template (note: mark the merge fields clearly)
- Upon finishing, click "Export as HTML" and save the file
Step 2: Set up Zapier
- Follow the steps from this article to set up the "when this happens..." part.
- Add a "do this..." part. Choose "Gmail" and "Send Email".
- Proceed to Choose Account and log in to your Gmail account
- Proceed to Customize Email and fill in the fields accordingly (select "HTML" for Body Type)
Step 3: Edit HTML in Zapier
- Paste the HTML from Step 1 into Body, and replace the merge fields with data fields
- Delete the built-in parts (highlighted below) from Mailchimp. The clickthru links won't work when sending through Gmail, so there's no reason to keep them.
- "View this email in your browser" towards the top
- "Unsubscribe" section towards the bottom
- Potentially other sections depending on the template you chose. Please reach out to @Ben Xue if you need assistance.
Step 4: Test & Done!
- Test it, turn on the zapier, and enjoy the magic of automation! Now your email receipt will send automatically every time a payment comes in.