connected with Mailchimp, simple analytics and tracking
When to use
large volume receipt emails
Mandrill is a Mailchimp add-on, and an easy-to-use transnational email service. Currently, we can connect it to zapier, and send payment receipt emails through it.
Step 1: Draft Email in Mailchimp & Export to Mandrill
- Go to Campaigns → Email templates → Create template
- Follow the steps and draft your email. Tip: use the format
*|FIELD|*to include merge fields. Follow this mailchimp help article if you want to create new merge fields.
- After finishing the design, save and exit, and click Send to Mandrill in the drop-down
Step 2: Adjust Template in Mandrill
- Open Mandrill, and go to Templates
- Select the one to send, and send a test to yourself to make sure the format looks good. This might require some changes to the HTML code. Reach out to ??? if you need help.
Step 3: Set Up Zapier
- Follow the steps from this article to set up the "when this happens..." part.
- Add a "do this..." part. Choose "Mandrill" and "Send Template".
- Proceed to Choose Account
- Proceed to Customize Send Template and add the incoming data to corresponding merge fields. There is no significant difference between Template Variables & Merge Fields, but simply because both are required, make sure to put some fields in each of them.
Step 4: Test & Done!
- Test it, turn on the zapier, and enjoy the magic of automation! Now your email receipt will send automatically every time a payment comes in.