Custom data fields
The custom data fields feature has been officially released! This is a great improvement to both creator capability and the responder experience.
When you want to include data fields, you will add them to your list. We modified the old checkbox format with predefined data fields and introduced data field types that you can customize. Now data fields:
- come in multiple types (including names, dates, addresses, and employment information)
- can have custom names
- no longer have a character limit
- can be required or optional
- can be reordered
- For third-partiy apps like Stripe and Paypal, we will pass on metadata of the first field of that type. This would be the first occurance of first name, last name, email, addresses.
- Currently employed as a field - no more conditional, it will always be shown. All old political donation blocks will have all three of those fields always shown
- Zapier compatibility - old zaps will still work, but do not support custom data fields. If you need custom data fields, you HAVE to use version 1.5.
The responder view got a lot of cool improvements as well!
The fields got a new coat of paint with "Material UI" data fields.
- All fields are uniform
- Labels are example text
- Users can see required / optional indication
For the "Date" field type we added a date picker! Though you can still type out the date manually.
- Chatbot bypass is now turned off by default
- Fixed performance issue with responses page