What’s the difference between a block’s Media versus the Background?
Similarities of Media and Background
- Supports the same file types (images, gifs, videos)
- Has the same upload limits (10mb for images, 100mb for videos)
- You may apply a color-tint with opacity on top of both
- By default, they both are full page
Difference between Media and Background:
- Select Media on the "Media Tab"
- Media has a video size limit of equal or less than 100MB
- Media has a image size limit of equal or less than
- Choose media style and opacity on the "Settings Tab"
- You may record a live video for media
- When viewed on mobile, Media will be placed on top of the background, but underneath text and CTA's
- When viewed on desktop, media will appear on the left side when viewed on desktop.
- When sharing an Formli, the media will appear as the preview image in link previews (ie: iMessage or Facebook share)
- You can merge in media from other responses
- If texted, media will be sent as an MMS
- Select Background and opacity on the "Settings Tab"
- Background has a file size limit of less than of equal to 10MB
- Cannot record a live video for Background
- When viewed anywhere, background will appear behind everything.
- Is not relevant for:
- shared preview links
- merged media
- texts and MMS
What about the using an image for both Background or Media?
Here is a Media image Fit-To-Size:
On desktop the background will appear on the right side
Here is a Media image Full Screen:
On desktop the media will appear on the left side
What about using the same image when only having Background or Media?
Only Media (Full screen) - Mobile
Only Media (Full Screen)- Desktop
Only Background - Mobile
Only Background - Desktop