Do you want to create a system that lets customers cancel subscriptions on their own?
- Do you want to create a system that lets customers cancel subscriptions on their own?
- How it works
- Setup Guide
- Step 1 - Create a Cancellation Formli
- Step 2 - Add a Cancel Subscription Action to your Formli
- Step 3 - Add a link to your cancellation Formli to your Receipt Email
- Related Guides
How it works
Cancellation Subscription is a type of action that you can set up so that a customer can cancel a recurring subscription upon completion of a Formli.
There are three main components you need to work within addition to your payment Formli:
- A unique cancellation Formli specifically for cancelling a subscriptions to a specific payment block. This Formli will feature information about their subscription
- A Cancel Subscription Action will be set for the cancellation Formli so that and upon completion will cancel their Stripe subscription.
- A unique variant link to this cancellation Formli will be included in your monthly payment receipt.
This guide will take you through everything you need to enable your customers to cancel their subscription.
This guide has two prerequisites:
- You have a payment block set up with monthly recurring payments
- You have a monthly recurring receipt with Zapier.
Step 1 - Create a Cancellation Formli
We will create an Formli with a no content block that has information about the responders subscription and a submission button.
- From the home page, click the
+ New Formlibutton.
- In the
Block Typedrop down select "Content (no response)".
- Turn the
Set a time limittoggle to off.
- Turn the
Show submission buttontoggle to on.
- Change the
Button Textto "Cancel My Subscription".
- Include text in the block prompt that will be relevant to the users subscription. In this example we will include "Payer name", "Payment Amount", "Original Payment Date", "Next Payment Date", and "Subscription Status".
- Include merge fields from the Payment block that you are looking to cancel. Open the merge field UI selector by typing
- Then click the Formli your subscriptions starts on.
- Select the payment block that has the payment.
- Select the "Full Name" Field.
- Repeat steps 1.7 trough 1.10 again for each of the other fields you want to include.
- Click the Save Changes button on the bottom.
- Click the back arrow in the top left to return to the Formli Settings.
Step 2 - Add a Cancel Subscription Action to your Formli
- From your Formli settings page, click on the
- Click the dropdown option
- Click the
create a new actionsbutton.
- In the Action Type drop down, select
- In the
Subscription IDdrop down select the Payment Formli that you are looking to give subscribers the ability to cancel.
- Click the Payment Block.
- Click the Subscription ID field.
- Click Save Action.
You should now see your new action present on the Actions page:
Step 3 - Add a link to your cancellation Formli to your Receipt Email
- Open up your zap that you setup for recurring email receipts.
- Select the location in the email you wish to include the unique cancellation Formli.
- Copy in the sharable URL of the cancellation Formli For instance this https://exp.humanagency.com/e/wKX6Zy8a/share.
- On the end of the URL, type
- Use the Zapier field
Formli Response UUIDto include responders' unique response ID. This will make a unique links variants of the cancellation Formli for each subscription.
- Press Continue, Test your trigger, and then turn on your zap.
Nice! Your recurring receipts now have a link to an Formli that will cancel the subscription if a responder with a monthly subscription completes the Formli.