Looking to send an automatic text message after a responder completes another Formli?
How it works
The Send Formli as SMS Action enables you to automatically send text messages to follow up with responders (or notify yourself of a new submission) upon the completion of a Formli or after a payment has been made.
The main components of this process are:
- Create a Formli completion event in your trigger Formli
- Create the Formli to send as a text message
- Set up the Send SMS Action
In this example, we'll be using a lead capture form to trigger a text to get their address so they can receive a free pair of boots. There will be 2 Formli:
- The main lead capture Formli (trigger Formli)
- The follow-up text Formli (action)
Step 1 - Create an "Formli Completion" event in your trigger Formli
- From your Formli Detail page, click on the
...button and then select the dropdown option
- Click the
+ Add A New Eventbutton.
- In the New Event drop down, select
Save(will see a green bar confirming save on next page)
Now that we have the event set up, let's make the SMS Formli.
Step 2 - Create the Formli that you will send as a text message
- Create a new Formli and give it a new title. In our example we're naming it "Boots Text Autoresponder".
- Add a new block and write out your text message in the
[... For a guide on more use cases of merge fields within Experience, see here
- Add in your multiple choice options. We wrote:
- After configuring your block settings, click the
Step 3 - Add a "Send Formli as SMS" Action on the Trigger Experience
- Select the Trigger Formli from Step 1.
- Find the Event we made in Step 1. Click
+ New Action
- In the Action Type drop down, select
Send an Formli via SMS.
- In the
Formli to Senddropdown select the Formli you made in step 2. In our example that would be "Boots Text Autoresponder".
- In the
Send Totext box, we'll want to insert the responder's unique phone number. We'll merge in that data from their response.
[to open the merge field selector then select the current Experience.
- Select the block that you are collecting responder phone numbers.
- Select the "Phone" merge field
Saveto save the Action.
Your autoresponder SMS should now work whenever someone fills out the first Experience.
Step 5 (optional) - Test the responder flow
- Open the original Trigger Experience
- Complete the experience.
- See that you have received an SMS within a couple seconds of completing the Experience
Now you can send an Formli as an SMS Action!