How it works
Data fields allow you to collect information from your responders with Data Collection and Payment Blocks. Fields can:
- Come in multiple types, including names, dates, addresses, and employment information
- Have customizable names
- Be required or optional
- Be reordered
This guide offers everything you need to get started with custom data fields.
- making new fields
- changing the type and name of a field
- making fields required vs. optional
- reordering fields
- using merge fields in data field names
- deleting fields
Step 1 - Make a Data Field Block
- Click on the
Block Typedrop down menu
Step 2 - Customize data field
+ Add New Data Field
- View options for your data field with the
Typedrop down menu
- Select the field type that you wish to use. For this example, I selected the type "Full name"
- The field name will change to reflect the type you’ve selected. To change the name of your field, click directly in the
Field Namebox and type. Here, I changed the field name from "Full name" to "Your full name".
- Once you’ve chosen your field's type and name, save your Formli by clicking
Step 3 - Make a field required
- Click anywhere on a field to open the field settings
- Click on the
Required Fieldtoggle to turn on or off. If the toggle is on, responders must enter the required information to submit your Formli.
- Save changes by clicking
- An asterisk (
*) will appear next to any required data field type
Step 4 - Removing data fields
- Click anywhere on a field to open field settings, or click the
- In the drop down menu, click
- Confirm deletion
Step 5 - Reorder your fields
To reorder your fields, click and drag the icon on the left-hand side of a field
Note: if you’ve received responses prior to reordering, the order of columns in the Formli's exports will not be changed.