How it works
Zapier is a useful tool that connects apps to work together. You can use a Formli event (like a Formli completion or processed payment) to "trigger" a Zap that completes an action in a third party-app.
You can use Zapier and the "New Payments" Zap to receive email receipts when a payment occurs in Formli. Every time a payment is made, a Zap will trigger.
For recurring payments: "New Payment" Zaps will trigger for all payments. You can also set a filter on your Zap so it only triggers for specific payments (either "only first" or "only subsequent").
This guide assumes that you already have a Formli with a Payments or Donation Block and have connected Stripe to your Formli account.
Step 1 - Get access to Zapier
Email [email protected] to request Zapier integration access.
Step 2 - Create a Zap to trigger for new payments on your Formli
- Create a new Zap on Zapier
- For the trigger event, select
- Choose the Formli account you’d like to connect
- After your selection, click
- Select the payment Formli that you want to trigger notifications
Test triggerand Zapier will use a payment to show that it is connected correctly
- Then click
Continueto finish the trigger and move onto the action portion of the Zap
Step 3 - Make email action and include relevant information
- Select your desired email app
- For "action event" select
send emailfrom the dropdown menu
- Select or add your desired email address
- Fill in the email information. The
Subjectboxes are required, but you can also use any other fields that may be useful.
- For the email body, you will likely want to include some relevant fields from your Formli. Consider including things like Formli name, payer name and email, payment type, amount paid, total amount paid, recurrence number, and the Stripe charge ID
Test & Continue. You should receive a test email at your specified address.
Publish & Turn On
For this example, we’re using Gmail. Here are other email services you can use:
|Name||Pros||Cons||When to use|
free, easy to maintain
limit 500 sends a day, not a CRM
relatively low volume receipt emails
strong API support, transactional emails
more technical to set up
for transactional emails
connected with Mailchimp, simple analytics and tracking
large volume receipt emails
strong, integrated CRM
can't send the same campaign to the a contact twice
campaigns, requires tracking